There is still so little known about outer space by modern science, but of that little we do know, there are some extraordinarily awesome facts.
1. There are thousands of other planets in outer space.
2. On Venus a day is longer than a year.
3. The astronauts were placed in quarantine after returning from the moon.
4. One million Earths can fit inside the Sun.
5. You become taller in Space as spine straightens out and gravity does not push you down.
6. You can cry in space but your tears don’t fall.
7. The Apollo astronauts’ footprints on the moon will probably stay there for at least 100 million years.
8. 99% of our solar system’s mass is the sun.
9. If two pieces of the same type of metal touch in space, they will bond and be permanently stuck together.
10. There are infinite stars in the known universe.
11. All of space is completely silent.
12. 33 light years away, there is a planet that is completely covered in burning ice.
13. Beyond Neptune, there may be an unknown object as big as the Earth orbiting the Sun.
14. If you could compress Earth to the size of a marble, it would collapse on itself and become a black hole.
15. Approximately 275 million stars are born everyday
16. The Milky Way has 4 spiral arms and not 2
17. There is a diamond planet in our galaxy that is bigger than Earth.
18. Every year, the moon moves about 3.8cm away from the Earth.
19. A day in Mercury lasts approximately as long as 59 days on earth.
20. There’s more than 8,000 pieces of space junk floating around the Earth.
Do you wish to go to space and see some of these wonderful wonders of space? Did you know these facts about space before? Share in some of the most beautiful facts about galaxies and space that you know in the comments.