Today is Virender Sehwag’s 37th birthday and how can we miss taking a look at a flash back of records!!! Here’s a look back at some of his enthralling knocks.
1. Sehwag scored 300 after hitting an audacious six (2004).
It was India’s first tour to Pakistan in 15 years and despite of having Shoaib Akhtar, Mohammad Sami and Saqlain Mushtaq it was hard to stop Sehwag from scoring a triple hundred.
2. Sehwag’s 219 against WI is the highest individual score (2011).
Sehwag’s knock helped India make 418/5 in 50 overs which is India’s highest score in ODI till date.
3. Sehwag’s scored triple hundreds in three Test match (2009).
At Mumbai’s Brabourne Stadium after 36 years Sri Lanka undoubtedly gave their best but Sehwag placed an intense performance making history of triple hundreds in three Test match. Even Muttiah Murlidharan wasn’t spared.
4. He hit 42 fours and 5 sixes against South Africa (2008).
Micky Arthur, South Africa’s coach was thrilled and said, “I think that’s the best Test-match innings I’ve ever seen”
5. Sehwag’s proved he is still one the best player (2014).
Sehwag wasn’t doing well before IPL 7 began and it was even unsure if he is going to be picked in auction. How ever he got place in Kings XI Punjab and regained their trust by scoring a magnificent 122 off just 68 balls.
6. Sehwag was given the credit despite an unbeaten ton by Sachin Tendulkar (2008).
England had set a target of 387 and India had never chased so many to win a test match. His performance in this match was so important that he was awarded man of the match despite of Tendulkar’s incredible batting in the same innings.
7. Chase at Colombo ‘s R Premadasa Stadium (2002).
He scored 126 in 104 balls in the 2002 Champions Trophy to give India an easy victory over England. India could successfully beat a target of 270 runs.
8. One of the finest knocks (2003).
His 195 was very helpful for the team at the 3rd Test and was one of the finest knocks in his career. He played very sensibly with Australian bowlers and was the highest test score back then.
9. Fastest ODI hundered (2009).
He managed to score the fastest ODI hundred in just 60 balls. In this match against New Zealand Sehwag scored 125 in just 74 balls and India won the match.
10. Best individual score in 2011 World cup (2011).
Sehwag scored 175 in just 140 balls out of which he hit 14 fours and 5 sixes. This was his another accomplishment against Bangladesh in Mirpur. His contribution to Indian cricket is beyond words. Wish him on his birthday in the comment section and share his incredible records!!!