Beauty and controversies go hand in hand, a quote well proved by the perfect monument India is proud of having. Till date, Taj Mahal had been through many speculations, with no conclusion though.
1. The pillars surrounding the beautiful dome are tilted slightly outwards to avoid them from falling on the tomb, during earthquake.
2. The mansion is perfectly symmetrical from every angle except the two tombs of the couple that differs in size.
3. Further research on the existence of Taj Mahal is banned by the Indian government, fearing communal problems.
4. The term Taj Mahal is a corrupt form of the sanskrit term ‘TejoMahalay’ signifying a Shiva temple. So, what’s the love story about? Still a question, it is.
5. The small water stream inside Taj Mahal flows out of nowhere. The source of water outlet is unknown.
6. The location of Agra Fort is just opposite to the Taj Mahal. This allowed to Shah Jahaan to watch Mausoleum when he was jailed in Agra Fort for about 10 years.
7. A historian P.N. Oak listed out several evidences to prove Taj Mahal, a Hindu Temple in his book Taj Mahal:The True Story, but ended up being called ‘mysthorian’ by the people.
8. There is no historic evidence of story about artisans having their hands chopped off after they attained such a beautiful perfection.
9. It is believed that after Taj Mahal, Shah Jahaan intended to build a second grand mausoleum in black marble across the Yamuna river, where his own remains would be buried after his death, but the war with his sons interrupted the plan.
10. From pinkish hue in the morning, milky white in the evening and golden at night, Taj Mahal takes on different colouring at different time of the day.
The story behind it might not be cleared till now. But the beauty surely doesn’t need an explanation. Entertaining about 45000 visitors daily, the charm is forever…