1. The Avengers – Angaare Bane Sholey
If the translated name is so bad, I wonder how bad the translated movie was. ‘Avengers’ was a great movie but, I pity everyone who saw it in Hindi.
2. Zero Dark Thirty- Mission Osama Bin Laden
First, they reveal the entire plot in the title. Second, the “translated” name is in English too!
3. Django Unchained – Khatron Ke Khiladi
No. Just no. This Quentin Tarantino masterpiece starring Leonardo DiCaprio got the name of a reality show where TV actors perform stunts.
4. Captain America: The Winter Soldier- Captain Amrika: Maha Dabangg
I can’t even comprehend what the translators were thinking with this one. Dabangg, really?
5. Ratatouille- Bindaas Bawarchi
If Oscars were awarded to translations, these people would definitely win all of them.
6. Inception- Sapnon ka Mayajaal Chakravyuh
Here’s an idea. Let’s use the entire plot in the movie name using the most atrocious hindi words available.
7. The Matrix Reloaded- Mayajaal
Wow. How do they find these words?
8. Charlie’s Angels- Trishakti
Such Genius, 3 girls= Trishakti.
9. Up – Udan Choo
This one is very funny. The translator is very creative for actually coming up with this name.
10. Smurfs- Neele Natkhat
I think the translators have taken an oath to ruin animated movies by murdering the names.
Do you know any other such translations? do let us know in the comments.