Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Sunday addressed the nation in the 12th episode of ‘Mann Ki Baat’ radio programme. Let’s go through the highlights.
Here are the highlights:
1. Jan Shakti is very important in a democracy.
2. Lakhs of letters have taught me invaluable lessons. I got to know about the issues in the Government.
3. I had urged you all to buy some Khadi and I am happy the sales have increased so much. This is realisation of Jan Shakti.
4. Lakhs of families have given up their gas subsidies. This is also a silent revolution.
5. I urged people to buy khaadi and I am happy that khaadi sales have increased.
6. I have tried something new this time- asked people to share their questions through telephone. I got over 55,000 calls.
7. I urge people to use diyas this Diwali. By doing so we can help poor families and also protect our environment.
8. The new movement of hatred towards filth, awareness towards cleanliness will force governments to work actively.
9. See the strength of democracy. A small child has given me his orders to ask authorities to keep dustbins at various places in a city.
10. Parliament talks about cleanliness now, I am also criticised for it but I do not consider this to be a bad thing.
11. Got confirmation that 50 family members of Subhas Chandra Bose will visit me at PM residence. Honored by this.
12. I want to congratulate the election commission. Earlier it was a regulator now it is facilitator and has become very voter friendly.
13. I urge youth to register as voters and go out and vote when the time comes.
14. My Mann ki Baat has become your Mann ki Baat in true sense.
Modi also mentioned how Bose had made radio a powerful tool to reach out to people by launching the Azad Hind Radio. Comment below.